Friday, October 23, 2015
Yeshu ben Pantera or Yeshua ben Yosef ? Updated.
Yeshua ben Pandera (mentioned in Sanhedrin 67a of the Talmud)
1. came to Israel from Egypt
2. mother was Miriam, father was Pandera (Term meaning Betrayer )
3. studied under Rabbi Yehoshua ben Perachia , practiced and taught Magic, Sorcery and Blasphemy. (Saying that he was YHVH)
4. had 5 disciples (puns)
5. belonged to a movement called the Notzrim (Nazarene)
6. was tied to the government (Royalty) under protection of certain people
7. executed (stoned and hanged from a Tree) by Order of the Jewish Court
8. was executed on the Eve of Passover
9. was called "Yeshu" by the Talmudic Rabbis
Yeshua ben Yosef of Nazareth (of the New Testament)
1. born in Bethlehem, moved to Egypt and lived in Galilee
2. lived approximately in 4 BCE
3. mother was Miriam (Mary), father was Yosef,
4. studied, practiced and taught a Radical form of Judaism
5. Similar teaching to Hillel & Shamai - Hasidic movement in Galilee and the Essenes
6. had 12 disciples
7. started the Netzarim (Nazarene) movement, (Notzrim in Israel)
8. had no apparent ties to the government, but was from the Royal line of David
9. executed by the Roman Courts (Rome had imperial rule over Israel, Jewish court had no authority to order or carry out an execution)
10. was executed (scourged - crucified) the day of preparation for Passover (Eve of Passover)
Is the Talmud referring to a totally different person ? There were other Yeshuas who were in the likes of Yeshua ben Pandera; there was Yeshua ben Stada, and others. There were over 24 Yeshu's from different time periods recorded in the Talmud.
These people were called "YESHU." But, the Talmud refers to Manasseh the king of Judah as "YESHU." (Talmud Bavli Sanhedrin 103a & Berakhot 17b). The Talmud also calls an individual "YESHU," who lived during the Hashmonean Era (Talmud Yerushalmi Chagigah 2:2). Also in Gittin 56b and 57a, there other people who were called "YESHU," but these people are military enemies of Israel.
Is the acronym "YESHU" (Yud Shin Vav) related to the name "Yeshua." ??
The acronym YESHU is used in Rabbinic material to identify any Rasha (wicked person) or a Tzadik (righteous person). "YESHU" is an acronym that stands for two things, "Yimmach Shemo Vezikhro", meaning "May his name and memory be blotted out." And its other meaning is "Yishtabach Shemo Vezikhro" meaning "May his name and memory be praised."
Is there a Talmudic Sage called Yeshu, the same as the Yeshua of the New Testament ? "YESHU." ?
This title was later applied to Yeshua by Jews, due to the corresponding anger towards Christianity's continuous onslaught. The title stuck.
The Yeshua being spoken of in Talmud Sanhedrin 43A is also called Yeshu ben Pandera, Pandera means "Betrayer" .... he is the supposed student of Rabbi Yehoshua Perachiyah and was executed (hanged) by the Jewish court the day before Passover for repeated incidents of performing and teaching magic and sorcery. Healing the Sick and Raising the dead. Feeding the multitudes ....
So is Yeshu ha Notzri, ben Pandera (Betrayer) mentioned in Talmud Sanghedrin 43a the same as Jesus the Nazarene of the New Testament ??
Absolutely, Without a shred of Doubt - Yes he is !
Learn more about Yeshu ha Notzri here : http://www.YeshuHaNotztri.blogspot.com
Posted by shvt at 6:00 PM