Friday, February 19, 2010

I Love you and Buddha too.


Lyrics to Mason Jennings "I Love you and Buddha too"

Oh Jesus, I love You
And I love Buddha too
Ramakrishna, Guru Dev
Tao Te Ching and Mohammed

Why do some people say
That there is just one way
To love You, God, and come to You?
We are all a part of You

You are un-nameable
You are unknowable
All we have is metaphor
That's what time and space are for

Is the universe Your thought?
You are and You are not
You are many, You are one
Ever ending, just begun

Alright, alright, alright
I love You and Buddha too

Oh Jesus, I love You
And I love Buddha too
Ramakrishna, Guru Dev
Tao Te Ching and Mohammed

Why do some people say
That there is just one way
To love You, God and come to You?
We are all a part of You

Alright, alright, alright
I love You and Buddha too

Oh Jesus, I love You
(I love You, Jesus)
And I love Buddha too
Ramakrishna, Guru Dev
Tao Te Ching and Mohammed

Why do some people say
(I love You, Jesus)
That there is just one way
To love You God and come to You?
We are all a part of You

You are un-nameable
(I love You, Jesus)
You are unknowable
All we have is metaphor
That's what time and space are for

Is the universe Your thought?
(I love You, Jesus)
You are and You are not
You are many, You are one
Ever ending, just begun

Alright, alright, alright
(I love You, Jesus)
I love You and Buddha too
Alright, alright, alright
(I love You, Jesus)
I love You and Buddha too

And Buddha too, and Buddha too, and Buddha too
(I love You, Jesus)
And Buddha too, and Buddha too, and Buddha too
(I love You, Jesus)
And Buddha too, and Buddha too, and Buddha too
(I love You, Jesus)
And Buddha too, and Buddha too, oh yeah

7 comments:

  1. Nice song.
    - This is @ACIM_Speaks Peter from twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peter - I love the message of this song. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great song! Reminds me of a favourite quote of my favorite author.

    “You must love beyond the difference of all religions, all nations, and all races. You are originally one.” By Ryuho Okawa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful song and very true words. Thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The light in the eye of life
    is the same
    no matter it's name
    or the language used to write it
    in the sands of time
    The energy that flows
    through the rivers that know
    and the skies that shine
    is the same as you and I
    We all look to understand
    and in each of us is our own
    understanding of our walk
    throught this path
    in these forms.
    Thanks for your path
    and the way you offfer it
    for all the world to see

    Peace Friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - that was great Luna. You are a shining Light. Peace to you also.

    ReplyDelete